“We started this firm with the simple idea that we treat our clients the way that we would want to be treated.”
We launched the private wealth management practice of Jurika, Mills & Keifer in 2008 to offer our clients differentiated investment and financial advice with a higher level of personalized service and attention. In short, we want to treat our clients as we would want to be treated.
In our view, many conventional wealth management firms have several short-comings:
- They are primarily focused on gathering new clients rather than serving existing ones.
- They tend to standardize their advice and services and try to be all things to all people.
- Their investment advice tends to be static and backwards-looking, built on the assumption that financial markets are rational and that the future will mirror the past.
- They take a narrow view and fail to consider a client’s total financial picture, including personal considerations, in offering their advice.
We see and do things differently:
- We are fee-only and independent in ownership, thought and action. Our interests are completely aligned with those of our clients.
- We are dedicated to serving a limited number of individual and family client relationships and providing them with an exceptionally high level of service. We focus on our strengths and do not try to be all things to all people.
- We are seasoned investors with many decades of experience managing billions of dollars in client assets. We think for ourselves and maintain a strategic and forward-looking point of view about world economies and financial markets.
- Our clients deal directly with our senior principals. We have no “relationship managers.”
- We grow almost exclusively through referrals and therefore spend the majority of our time serving our existing clients rather than gathering new ones.
Wealth is not an end unto itself, but a means to an end. It is a tool that empowers you to meet your needs and fulfill your greatest aspirations. Our goal is to give our clients clear and comprehensive perspective on their financial lives, confidence in how their investments are being managed, and the ability to achieve their financial goals and aspirations over time.
At the core of our mission, is a set of guiding values that drives everything we do.